11 July 2012

Day Eleven: MEmeME!

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Would it be something physically? Would it be a personality trait or something you have a habit of doing?



Today’s prompt tackles just that, except in reverse:



[Day 11]: What's one thing that you would never change about yourself?



I don’t like the question “What would you change about yourself” because it gives room for those insecurities to pop out and eat away at you like some sort of flesh-eating bacteria. People are so quick to focus on all the negative attributes that they never seem to focus on the positive. I am guilt of doing this, all-the-time. My waist line isn’t small enough, my skin isn’t clear enough, my hair isn’t long enough, my nose is too big and so on and so forth, I’m pretty sure you get the gist of it. So often I watch ridiculous TV shows where girls argue why they want plastic surgery and why they aren’t perfect; this is such a negative way to think about things and I for one am trying ridiculously hard to change this, well, I am now.



So if you haven’t taken part in the 15 Day Challenge (or even those who have) I’m setting the challenge that you need to make a list of the top 5 things you like about yourself physically AND 5 things you like about your personality. I suck at lists because I get to point 2 and then have run out of ideas, but as this is the challenge I’m setting, I’m going to do it first. These are the things that I like about myself and therefore would never change about myself.



Personality


1. I have an awesome sense of humour


2. My ridiculous level of empathy for the people around me


3. My ability to care for the world around me


4. My determination to be better at the things I attempt


5. My drive to achieve the goals I set

 



Physically


1. My Eyes


2. My Boobs


3. My Butt (when I’ve been working out)


4. My Calf muscles


5. My Wrists (yep, I like them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping my and reading my blog. I have to apologize in advance, my blog does require word verification in order to comment. I know how frustrating this can be, I hate having to enable this process, but I really do appreciate comments.

I am simply trying to ensure human beings are leaving comments rather than spam-bots!